Dare to be…. vital sales data every business should know”
For those companies where sales improvement is the most important priority this year, the following data will probably make you really question how you think about sales and what you need to do to become more effective.
If you realise that you might like some help once you’ve looked at the information then please don’t hesitate to call.
- 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls or more after the meeting:
- 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
- 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop
- 12% of sales people only make three contacts and stop
- Only 10% of sales people make more than three contacts
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- 3% of sales are made on the second contact
- 5% of sales are made on the third contact
- 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
- 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact
Source: The Marketing Donut
- 1% of sales are self-generated by sales reps. 24.8% generated by marketing. 23.1% customer referrals, and other means.
- 50% of all sales teams don’t have a well-defined sales process in place. Companies that follow a well-defined sales process are 33% MORE likely to be High Performers.
- In 2007 it took an average of 68 cold call attempts to reach a prospect. Today it takes 8 attempts.
Source: TeleNet and Ovation Sales Group
- 70% of people make purchasing decisions to solve problems. 30% make decisions to gain something.
Source: Impact Communications
- The best times to email prospects are 8:00am and 3:00pm.
- Thursday is the best day to prospect. Wednesday is the second best day. Tuesday is the worst day.
- 91% of customers say they’d give referrals. Only 11% of salespeople ask for referrals.
Source: Dale Carnegie
- Each year, you’ll lose 14% of your customers. Lesson: Never stop prospecting.
- If you follow up with web leads within 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them.
- 92% of all customer interactions happen over the phone. 85% of customers report being dissatisfied with their phone experiences. Lesson: Spend time refining your telephone personality
- The early bird gets the worm. 50% of sales go to the first salesperson to contact the prospect.
- The average salesperson only makes 2 attempts to reach a prospect.
Source: Sirius Decisions
- In a typical firm with 100-500 employees, an average of 7 people are involved in most buying decisions.
Source: Gartner Group
- The average salesperson makes 8 dials per hour and prospects for 25 hours to set 1 appointment.
Source: Ovation Sales Group
- Email Marketing has 2x higher ROI than cold calling, networking or trade shows.
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads.
Source: The Annuitas Group
- 40% of salespeople can’t understand customer
- Visuals are processed 60,000x faster in the brain than text. Lesson: Use more visuals in your presentations.
Source: Neo Mammalian Studios
- After a presentation, 63% of attendees remember stories. Only 5% remember statistics. The most memorable part of a presentation is the last 5 minutes. Lesson: End with a bang!
Source: Authors Chip & Dan Heath